Who’s watching the Super Bowl tomorrow? Mark and I don’t catch every pro game during the season, but we love watching the top teams battle it out on Super Bowl Sunday…and we love the commercials! Food is a big part of the party atmosphere and EVERYONE should enjoy socializing with some tasty treats, right?
One of my favorite all-time SB party foods is Buffalo Chicken Dip. I still remember the first time I had some. My friend Keith brought it to a school party and it was love at first bite! It took some searching, but I finally found a recipe that has all the FLAVOR of Buffalo Chicken Dip, but without all of the heaviness. In fact, THIS recipe packs an extra protein punch! Pair it with some baked corn chips, or cut up some whole wheat pita bread into wedges and toast them. Delicious and guilt-free! Enjoy!
Skinny Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Serves 8
2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
1 tsp. dried dill weed
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. salt and pepper
2 cups roasted or poached chicken
1/2 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce (or your personal favorite!)
1/3 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Put the cottage cheese in the food processor and pulse until smooth. Add the seasonings and process until mixed well.
- Transfer ingredients to a bowl. Add the chicken and hot sauce. Mix well.
- Spread into a pie pan or oven-safe dip bowl.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on the top and heat again until melted. All done!
Recipe from Jeanette’sHealthyLiving.com